Opportunity to Volunteer Pre-Conference!
Would you like to get your hands dirty prior to the conference? Help build a rainwater harvesting system for a community garden at Marcus Garvey in Milwaukee. The structure will make for a great gathering space, provide shade and is a great way to collect water.
Need to know:
- Limited to 20 volunteers! Sign up through your registration.
- There will be lifting of heavy materials, using hammers and nails, etc.
- No special skills or materials needed – this is a supervised project.
- Contingency project (TBD) available if the weather does not cooperate.
- You will get dirty, be with fellow EWBers, and have fun!
Groundwork Milwaukee is a non-profit whose mission is to bring about environmental justice through the sustained regeneration, improvement and management of the physical environment by developing community-based partnerships that empower people, businesses and organizations to promote environmental, economic and social well-being.
About Groundwork Milwaukee:
- Supports a network of 96 gardens throughout the city
- Provides youth employment training from ages 8-24 with a focus on Green Infrastructure and Urban Agriculture
- Part of Groundwork USA – A national network of over 20 Groundwork trusts spread across the US
- Affiliated with the National Parks and the USA EPA